Monday, May 16, 2011

And So, My First Sakura Tree is Grown...

I always like sakura.. Never have the chance to see it with my own eyes, someday InsyaAllah..

In my eyes, everything about a blooming sakura tree is perfect to describe an understated beauty, from its neutral-pastel colours, to the shape of its flowers and branches, to the arrangment of flowers bunched along the branches. Subhanallah. Its the kind that make you feel peace and serene surrounding you just by staring and watching it.

Well, there must be thousands of blooming sakura on the net, and here is the one i use as my inspiration...



Perfection isnt it? I'm soo in love with the colours. I'm sorry though as I couldnt give credit where its due, I google image-ed this photo and saved it in my hard drive. Underneath is my attemp to draw a sakura tree, the first one if halfway through..



Sorry for the lame watermark, an instant one created in less than 30 seconds ;)


U can see how i designed the tree and the branches. Well I actually draw the flower first. Then the tree and the branches. The colour black makes my job so much easier as i dont have to be that precise in drawing the branches.. Just fill in with the colour black, and all my mistakes are concealed ;)



And here is the final result.. Pretty good isnt it? I'm quite satisfied although i do feel that i can perfected it even more. Especially the flowers. Guess what? I've painstakenly resize and place each individual flower manually to achieve what i desire. Pretty tedious but worth it. So now I'm thinking how can i draw the pinkish grass and the beautiful clouds (if i ever want to redraw the first photo that is)..


So what i'm going to do with the completed picture? Well, that is still being planned..



Till then, Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment